- Exciting new opportunity
- Broad responsibilities
- New Plymouth based
Ready to join an organisation that is growing in 2019?
DIALOG Fitzroy is committed to being Australasia's premier supplier of fabricated equipment and full life-cycle engineering solutions, together with the provision of contract services and site maintenance throughout New Zealand and to international customers.
With our origins in the Oil and Gas Industry, our continued success and determination to provide full life-cycle engineering solutions has led to growth in other sectors including commercial building, pharmaceutical and proudly, clean energy which includes biofuels and waste-to-energy technology.
We are currently in the process of further expanding our capability in New Plymouth to service new and existing industrial clients who are undertaking exciting and significant expansion projects.
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Draftsperson or Designer for a varied and challenging role. The primary tasks are described below:
- Produce high quality mechanical designs, under the guidance of the Lead Engineer and Designer, to meet both client, company requirements and industry standards
- Identify and address operational and maintenance issues during design phase
- Conduct site surveys to acquire information that allows execution of the work scope
- Develop engineering packages to represent installation requirement for process control loops and instrumentation that are safely constructible
- Identify business growth opportunities and promote the companies capabilities and resources wherever practicable
We are looking for the following experience and competencies:
- Previous Design experience with pressure vessels and piping in the Oil & Gas industry is essential
- Proficient CAD skills required (AutoCAD preferred) to produce the following deliverables:
- General Arrangement drawings Including Sections
- Piping Isometrics
- Bill of Materials C.O.G/ Weight Reports
- Prepare PFD's and P&ID's
- Ability to create/ develop Instrument and electrical design deliverables (cable schedule, panel design and layout, cable containment design and routing, motor control schematics, earthing design etc.
- Proven time management and organisational skills
- Self-starter who is willing and able to work in a team environment on a wide variety of tasks with minimal supervision in a multi discipline engineering setting
In return we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits that include extended annual leave for long service and discounted medical insurance.
- Ample opportunity to further career development and progression
- Job security and a safe work environment.
If you are seeking an exciting opportunity in 2019 where your passion for delivering high quality design solutions is recognised and rewarded, this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
If you are confident you have what it takes please apply with your CV and cover letter today!