- Exciting new opportunity
- Broad responsibilities
- New Plymouth based
Ready to join an organisation that is growing in 2019?
Fitzroy Engineering is committed to being Australasia's premier supplier of fabricated equipment and full life-cycle engineering solutions, together with the provision of contract services and site maintenance throughout New Zealand and to international customers.
With our origins in the Oil and Gas Industry, our continued success and determination to provide full life-cycle engineering solutions has led to growth in other sectors including commercial building, pharmaceutical and proudly, clean energy which includes biofuels and waste-to-energy technology.
We are currently seeking an experienced Civil/ Structural Designer to join our New Plymouth based team.
The primary tasks are described below:
- Prepare materials take offs / schedules of quantities for civil / structural projects
- Carry out civil / structural designs and produce construction drawings
- Ensuring company and client expectations are managed appropriately on-time and within budget
- Directly liaise with project managers, engineers and other designers to ensure designs are within scope
- Proactively familiarise self with any relevant documents, including policies, plans, procedures, systems, contractual requirements, customer requirements and relevant previous designs
We are looking for the following experience and competencies:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering is an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Civil Designer
- Broad knowledge and experience working with local and Central Govt approval and regulatory requirements
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Customer focussed to ensure client requirements are delivered.
- Competitive salary and benefits that include extended annual leave for long service and discounted medical insurance.
- Ample opportunity to further develop your career through on-job skill development, and access to relevant certified training.
- Job variety, including travel to our various project sites as well as client sites.
- Job security and a safe work environment.
If you are seeking an exciting opportunity in 2019 where your passion for delivering high quality engineering solutions is recognised and rewarded, this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
If this sounds like you, apply today with your CV and cover letter.