Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Exciting new opportunity
- Broad responsibilites
- New Plymouth based
Fitzroy Engineering is committed to being Australasia's premier supplier of fabricated equipment and full life-cycle engineering solutions, together with the provision of contract services and site maintenance throughout New Zealand and to international customers.
With our origins in Oil and Gas; we have expanded out to other sectors as we have grown, including commercial building, pharmaceutical and proudly, clean energy which includes biofuels and waste to energy technology. We provide clients with a range of services from in house chartered engineering design, to code certified pressure vessel manufacturing, and everything in between.
Offering the flexibility to consult or construct on a wide range of project scopes in specialised field's right up to provision of multi-million dollar bespoke turnkey packages. We are mix of highly talented tradespeople, engineers and managers, with our head office in New Plymouth and regional offices in both Auckland and Wellington. Our diverse range of clients and projects enables us to provide a challenging and rewarding environment with the fundamental Kiwi necessity; a work-life balance.
We are currently in the process of further expanding our capability in the New Plymouth & Wellington regions to service new and existing industrial clients who are undergoing exciting and significant expansion projects.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer for a varied and challenging role.
- Coordinate the execution of Plant Layout and Piping engineering activities (Assess, Select, Develop & Execute phases);
- Consistent use of mechanical engineering and design standards/codes, systems and processes and use of PECPR regulations;
- Competent in the analysis of piping systems and use of AutoPIPE pipe stressing software;
- Ensure tasks (deliverables and work packages) are fit for purpose and are completed successfully (accurately, in a timely fashion and cost effectively).
- Provide design assistance in the identification, selection and procurement of equipment or components.
- Design pressure piping to ASME B31 and be familiar with ASME BPE as it applies to the pharmaceutical industry - not essential but would be an advantage.
- Lead the preparation of quotations / proposals; technical solutions; risk identification & mitigation; costs basis; and implementation approach to ensure ‘fit for purpose' solutions which meets the requirements of the customer specification
- Support senior engineers and lead other team members as required. Ensure co-ordination, between the Piping team and other disciplines of all activities being performed as the design evolves;
- Lead the review of piping and facility design before implementation to ensure quality, consistency, and coordination with all aspects of the installation.
- Actively participate in increasing self-exposure to other disciplines.
- Proactively familiarise himself/herself with any relevant documents, including policies, plans, procedures, systems, contractual requirements, customer requirements and relevant previous designs
We are looking for the following experience and competencies:
- Broad knowledge and experience in latest technology and work methods
- Relevant tertiary level qualification
- +10 years previous experience in Oil & Gas
- Significant knowledge of mechanical design and construction of pressure piping and facilities and knowledge in pressure vessels and associated equipment.
- Time management and organisational skills
- Proven problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Customer focussed to ensure client requirements are delivered.
- Competitive salary and benefits that include extended annual leave for long service and discounted medical insurance.
- Ample opportunity to further develop your career through on-job skill development, and access to relevant certified training.
- Job variety, including travel to our various project sites as well as client sites.
- Job security and a safe work environment.
If you are seeking an exciting opportunity in 2019 where your passion for delivering high quality engineering solutions is recognised and rewarded, this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
If this sounds like you, apply today with your CV and cover letter.