Senior IE Engineer
- Exciting new opportunity
- Broad responsibilities
- New Plymouth or Wellington based
Ready to join an organisation that is growing in 2019?
Fitzroy Engineering is committed to being Australasia's premier supplier of fabricated equipment and full life-cycle engineering solutions, together with the provision of contract services and site maintenance throughout New Zealand and to international customers.
We are currently in the process of further expanding our capability and seek an experienced Instrument and Electrical Engineer for a varied and challenging role
At Fitzroy Engineering Group Limited, we are dedicated to providing quality heavy engineering solutions for our clients across the energy, industrial and construction sectors. Our engineering focus is the mechanical/structural disciplines, with capabilities in design, engineering, fabrication, painting, scaffolding, construction and maintenance.
The primary tasks are described below:
- familiarity with ASME BPE as it applies to the pharmaceutical industry - not essential but would be an advantage
- familiarity with ‘Current Good Manufacturing Practice' (cGMP) as it applies to the pharmaceutical industry - not essential but would be an advantage
- Support other discipline engineers as required
- Consistent use of electrical engineering and design standards, systems and processes
- Ensure designs are fit for purpose and tasks are completed successfully (accurately, in a timely fashion and cost effective)
- Provide design assistance in the identification, selection and procurement of equipment or components
- Assist with the preparation of quotations / proposals; technical solutions; risk identification & mitigation; costs basis; and implementation approach to ensure ‘fit for purpose' solutions which meets the requirements of the customer specification
- Participate in review of design before implementation to ensure quality. Consistency, and coordination with all aspects of the installation
- Actively participate in increasing self-exposure to other disciplines
- Proactively familiarise yourself with any relevant documents, including policies, plans, procedures, systems, contractual requirements, customer requirement and relevant previous designs
We are looking for the following experience and competencies:
- Broad knowledge and experience in latest technology and work methods
- Relevant tertiary level qualification
- Previous experience in a relevant industry - Pharmaceutical, Food, Dairy or Oil and Gas
- Knowledge of electrical design (conduit and wire schedules, panel layout, cable tray routing and specification, motor control schematic and writing design, etc.)
- Knowledge of P&ID's, instrumentation design details, control loop preparation, location plans, control panel layout etc. - ideally have I & E design capabilities / experience
- Stakeholder management experience in a client facing role (customer focussed)
- Ability to work in a team environment
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits that include extended annual leave for long service and discounted medical insurance.
- Ample opportunity to further develop your career through on-job skill development, and access to relevant certified training.
- Job variety, including travel to our various project sites as well as client sites.
- Job security and a safe work environment.
If you are seeking an exciting opportunity in 2019 where your passion for delivering high quality engineering solutions is recognised and rewarded, this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
If you are confident you have what it takes please apply with your CV and cover letter today!