Crane / Yard Driver
Fitzroy Engineering Group Limited is a leading New Zealand heavy engineering company with specialist capabilities in the design, fabrication, painting, scaffolding and maintenance of industrial projects for a number of sectors including: oil and gas, petrochemical, forestry, marine, structural steel and commercial buildings.
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Crane and Yard Driver to join our Company. This permanent position is based in New Plymouth, with the opportunity to support our Wellington workshop as required.
In this role you will:
- Operate mobile Cranes (45t / 100t and 15t Franna)
- Monitor and control rigging gear associated with Cranes
- Mobilize Cranes to client and project sites
- Create lift plans that incorporate hazard analysis and job-specific permits
- Carry out deliveries and pickups with trucks
- Assist with general yard/ stores and workshop duties as required
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Current Crane Operators Certificates
- Class 4 or 5 Driver Licence
- Knowledge of rigging equipment
- Current Forklift licence is desireable
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits that include extended annual leave for long service and discounted medical insurance
- Ample opportunity to further develop your career through on-job skill development, and access to relevant certified training
- Job security and a safe work environment
If you are seeking an exciting opportunity in 2019 where your passion for delivering high quality service is recognised and rewarded, this could be the opportunity you are looking for.