- Brisbane based - Full time position
- Good Team Environment
- Attractive remuneration package
Fitzroy Engineering is committed to being Australasia's premier supplier of fabricated equipment and full life-cycle engineering solutions, together with the provision of contract services and site maintenance throughout New Zealand and to international customers.
At Fitzroy we are committed to building strong relationships with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions, all delivered through great people.
We are excited to be searching for a new Operational Supervisor to be responsible for the day to day activities of the business. Working closely with the Operations Manager, you will ensure day to day operating of the business and client needs are met. This position will play a critical role within the business and is a good development opportunity for a supervisor or coordinator who is looking at career growth within a great business!
Key Responsibilities for this role Include:
- Assisting with operations on a day to day basis.
- Allocation of labour and plant equipment on maintenance and project works
- Establishing and managing relations with customers/clients, team members and others as required
- Running and distributing weekly reports to key operational staff
- Reporting on status and progress of works to the General Manager
- Identifying enhancement opportunities and suggest solutions for improvement
- Mentoring and training the Operations team
- Ordering of materials and equipment
- JHA/SMWS development
- Manage relevant Key Performance Indicators in line with Company/Client Objectives
- Support the management of Quality, Safety and Environmental Systems in co-operation with the Supervisor to ensure that all Company Policies, Procedures and associated systems and documentation are available as required
- Ensure compliance with the company's Safety, Quality & Environmental Management Systems
- Estimation of small works
- Carry out any additional duties as required
- Comply with laws, regulations and requirements including OH&S with an understanding of return to work processes
To succeed in this role you will have:
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar role
- An engineering or trade qualification (Electrical or Mechanical) will be an advantage
- An understanding of electrical, mechanical, access (scaffolding) and civil works would be beneficia
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of safe working practices in an industrial environment
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, Prioritise and have effective "Time/Task Management"
- Experience resource planning & allocation, "best for business"
If you are seeking an exciting opportunity in 2019 where your passion for delivering high quality service is recognised and rewarded, this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
If you can meet the above requirements and are available for an immediate start, please apply now.